Product Description & Reviews
The blanket is washable - the cover can be taken off and washed separately while the inner part is also washable but care is advised as it is heavy (We recommend a gentle cycle in the washer or hand-washing and it is important to dry thoroughly). Weighted blankets should never be used as a restraint - it is important that the user can always remove a weighted blanket on their own if desired. Many Occupational Therapists recommend a blanket to be 10% of body weight plus one pound - this is a starting point, other variables should be considered when determining the right weight for each individual. Can be microwaved or refrigerated for added benefit. Care should be taken to insure the blanket is not too hot for use.
Features & Highlights
- These weighted blankets are handmade in Colorado using organic millet (birdseed)
- The blankets are made of 5" squares - making the distribution of weight even throughout the blanket
- Cover is made of very soft, minke cuddle fabric.One side is bumpy minky, for sensory input, while the other is smooth
- Can be heated or cooled for added therapeutic benefit
- Large blanket is 35" x 50" and weighs 12 lbs
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.